Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Unbearable Lightness of Being

The Unbearable Lightness of Being was unbearable.
If a writer wants to write philosophy, write a non-fiction book about philosophy, don't cloak it in fiction. Ken Follett said something to the effect, that good fiction should, and must be. about good storytelling. I couldn't agree more.
Milan Kundera writes about four people living in Eastern Europe in the 1960's when the Russians rolled into Prague.  It is about how they look at life and respond to each other, and the chaos around them. It is too much work for me to say anything more about this book. Thank goodness it was short. I do not recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Now I liked this novel. It was so different than what I ordinarily read and it made me think outside the box a bit.

    ReplyDelete